Buying a new book is really just you buying the optimistic idea that you'll have time to read it.— I Am Devloper (@iamdevloper) September 14, 2018
There are no required text books for this course. However, you might find books and reading material listed here helpful in mastering the topics covered in this course. Many of these books are available to you free of charge via Northeastern University’s Safari Learning Platform (O’Reilly) subscription.
- Designing Distributed Systems (ISBN: 9781491983645)
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications (ISBN: 9781449373320)
- Docker: Up & Running (ISBN: 9781491917572)
- Docker in Action (ISBN: 9781633430235)
- Docker in Practice (ISBN: 9781617294808)
- UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook (ISBN: 9780131480056)
- The Linux Command Line (ISBN: 9781593273897). This book is available free online on author’s website.
- Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture (ISBN: 9780133387520)
- Google Cloud Platform in Action (ISBN: 9781617293528)
- Amazon Web Services in Action (ISBN: 9781617292880)
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)¶
- Site Reliability Engineering: How Google Runs Production Systems (ISBN: 9781491929124). This book is also available online for free on Google’s site.
- The Phoenix Project (ISBN: 9780988262508)
- The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations (ISBN: 9781942788003)