|Saturday||11/03/2018 at 01:00PM|
Ask all your questions on Piazza. Assign assignment4 tag to your posts.
To keep your AWS credit usage to minimum, please terminate your k8s stack when you are done working on it.
Setup Prometheus to Collect Metrics¶
Set up Prometheus on your Kubernetes cluster and collect Kubernetes cluster metrics.
Run Redis Exporter to Export Metrics¶
Run Redis Exporter in a sidecar along with Redis server and sentinel. Configure Prometheus to pull metrics from each Redis pod. You will also need to create a ServiceMonitorSpec to configure your Redis Exporter as target.
Setup Grafana Dashboards for Redis Metrics¶
Setup Grafana dashboard for the Redis metrics.
RBAC Specs for Helm¶
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
--- apiVersion: v1 kind: ServiceAccount metadata: name: tiller namespace: kube-system --- apiVersion: rbac.authorization.k8s.io/v1beta1 kind: ClusterRoleBinding metadata: name: tiller roleRef: apiGroup: rbac.authorization.k8s.io kind: ClusterRole name: tiller subjects: - kind: ServiceAccount name: tiller namespace: kube-system
- The Prometheus Operator: Managed Prometheus setups for Kubernetes
- Prometheus Operator
- Get Kubernetes Cluster Metrics with Prometheus in 5 Minutes
- Kubernetes Monitoring with Prometheus
- Simple Kubernetes cluster metrics monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana
- Helm - The package manager for Kubernetes
- Monitoring Kubernetes with Prometheus
- Simple Redis Cache on Kubernetes with Prometheus Metrics
- Kubernetes monitoring with Prometheus in 15 minutes
- Setup helm and tiller with RBAC and namespaces
Releases created after due date will be considered late.
- All work for this assignment must be done on assignment4 feature branch and merged to master when you are dev complete.
- GitHub release must be created from the master branch.
- All team member’s branches must be in-sync. Each team member must create a release in their repository.
- All assignments will be delivered using GitHub releases feature. See GitHub documentation for details on how to create a release.
Following guidelines are for information only and are subject to change at my discretion.
- Demonstrate that your deliverables have met assignment objectives.